Ignacio Alvarez de Mon
Ignacio Alvarez de Mon
Human Resources and Organisational Behaviour
Professor of Organisational Behaviour.
Specialised in the field of personnel management, Ignacio Alvarez de Mon combines extensive professional experience with more than a decade in the world of education. Professor Alvarez de Mon is a Doctor in Sociology and Political Sciences, and his areas of interest are leadership, motivation, teamwork, conflict management, personal development and coaching. In his own words “Over the last few years I have been focusing on personal development and coaching”. Since 1999 he has been teaching organizational behaviour at IE, and since 2006 has been director of the Academic Department of Human Resources.
His previous professional experience is in the banking sector as controller and risk analyst at Barclays Bank, and as a consultant specialised in executive training and skills development.
Author of the books “De ti depende”, “Eduardo, estás despedido”, “El desafío de la felicidad” and of numerous case studies, articles and research work published by scientific journals, Professor Alvarez de Mon contributes regularly to leading media agencies in Spain and Latin America. As a professor he has worked in the University of Antonio de Nebrija, as professor and director of the Department of Economics and Business Administration, in Universidad Carlos III and in Pontificia de Comillas (ICADE), in Madrid. Furthermore he has been visiting professor at Ashridge Business School (UK), Porto Business School (Portugal), Universidad de los Andes (Colombia), Instituto de Estudios de la Empresa (Uruguay) and Instituto de Desarrollo Empresarial (Ecuador).
• Profesor Alvarez de Mon holds a Degree in Law from Universidad Pontificia de Comillas (ICADE)
• MBA from the University of Houston (US)
• PhD in Political Sciences and Sociology, Cum Laude. Universidad Pontificia de Salamanca, Madrid.
• 2006 - 2014: Chair, Organisational Behaviour and Human Resources Department, IE
• 2003 - Present: Associate Director of Center for Global Leadership, IE
• 2000 - 2003: Director of Economics and Business Department. Universidad Antonio de Nebrija, Madrid
• 1998 - 2000: Senior Consultant, Instituto Empresarial Nebrija. Responsible for training and skills development, Madrid
• 1994 - 1998: Coordinator of Economics and Business Department, Universidad Antonio de Nebrija
• 1991 - 1993: Controller and Risk Analysist, Barclays Bank in Madrid and London
Teaching and Research Experience
• 1999 - Present: Professor of Organisational Behaviour, IE
• 2013 - Present: Visiting Professor, Ashridge Business School. London (UK)
• 2012 - Present: Visiting Professor, Porto Business School. Porto (Portugal)
• 2006 - Present: Visiting Professor, Universidad de los Andes. Bogotá (Colombia)
• 1997 - 2001: Visiting Professor, Instituto de Estudios de la Empresa (IEEM). Montevideo (Uruguay)
• 1998 - 1999: Visiting Professor, Instituto de Desarrollo Empresarial (IDE). Quito (Ecuador)
• 1998 - 1999: Professor, Universidad Carlos III. Madrid
• 1998 - 2001: Professor, Universidad Pontificia de Comillas (ICADE). Spain
• 1994 - 1998: Professor, Universidad Antonio de Nebrija. Madrid
• Professor Alvarez de Mon is the author of numerous case studies and research articles published in scientific journals
• Álvarez de Mon, I. (2011). "El Desafío de la Felicidad". LID Editorial
• Álvarez de Mon, I. (2009). "Eduardo, estás despedido". Madrid: Alienta, Grupo Planeta
• Álvarez de Mon, I. (2007). "De Ti Depende". Madrid: LID Editorial