Operations & Technology
Jeeva Somasundaram is an Assistant Professor of Decision Sciences in the Operations and Technology area at IE Business School. Prior to joining IE, Jeeva completed his PhD in Management (Decision Sciences) from INSEAD, France and was a Postdoctoral researcher in Behavioral Economics at the National University of Singapore (with join affiliation to ETH Zurich). During his PhD, Jeeva was also a Marie Curie early stage researcher with the consumer competence research training (CONCORT) network of the European Union. Jeeva was also a visiting PhD student at the McDonough School of Business, Georgetown University, USA.
Jeeva’s research primarily focuses on (i) developing descriptively accurate practically usable decision models (ii) designing and empirically testing interventions based on the models to address socially relevant policy issues in high stake domains such as environment (e.g., fostering environmentally friendly behavior) and medicine (e.g., reducing unnecessary medical tests). Jeeva uses different methodologies such as mathematical modeling, lab, and field experiments for his research. Jeeva has published his research in top economic journals such as Journal of Economic Theory and Journal of Risk and Uncertainty.
At IE Business School, Jeeva teaches Quantitative Methods for International MBA and Masters in Management students. During his PhD, Jeeva has tutored micro economics and excel tutorial for data analysis to MBA students at INSEAD.
To know more about his research and teaching, you may explore his webpage http://www.jeevasomasundaram.com/.
• Ph.D. in Management (Decision Sciences), INSEAD, France
• M.Sc. in Management (Decision Sciences), INSEAD, France
• P.G.D.M. (M.B.A. equivalent), Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Shillong
• B.E. (Electronics & Communication), Thiagarajar College of Engineering, Anna University, India.
• Assistant Professor in Decision Sciences, Operations and Technology Area, IE Business School, Madrid, Spain, Sep 2018- present
• Postdoctoral Research Fellow in Behavioral Economics, National University of Singapore (Joint affiliation to Future Resilient Systems, ETH Zurich), 2016-18.
• Associate, Project Advisory and Structured Finance, SBI Capital Markets Ltd, Bangalore, India, 2011-12.
• Summer intern, Dr. Reddy’s laboratories, 2010.