Professor Joe Haslam is the Executive Director of the Owners Scaleup Program at IE Business School in Madrid, Spain. This is a program specially designed for small and medium sized companies that want to scale. He is also the presenter of the High Impact Online Program "Scaleup! How to Successfully Manage Growth" and the Academic Director of the Global Scaleup Program, a joint course offered by IE with the American University of Beirut.
In the International MBA, he teaches an award winning elective called "Scaling Up Your Startup". In the IE School of Global and Public Affairs he teaches an elective called Humanity's Grand Challenges in the Bachelor of International Relations. He teaches another one called Trillion Dollar Challenges to the Master in Management (MIM). He provides an online course called Scaleup Fundamentals to the Executive MBA and the Global Online MBA. He has also delivered sessions in the Master in Business for Architecture and Design for the IE School of Architecture & Design, the Master in Business Analytics and Big Data for IE School of Human Sciences and Technology and in the Venture Lab for the IE-Brown Executive MBA.
In 1998, Prof Haslam was on the founding Team of Marrakech, a Dublin based e-procurement company that raised over $75m in Venture Capital and scaled to over 250 people. He is the co-founder and Chairman of Hot Hotels, the first company from Spain to be accelerated by the Techstars program in the USA (Boston, Summer 2015). He was born in Ireland and has an MBA from IE Business School. He has lived in Madrid for the past 16 years.
• Chairman, Hot Hotels, Spain, 2013-2018
• Campaign Director, Panda Security, Spain 2009
• Integration Producer, Electronic Arts, Spain 2005
• Marketing Production Manager, Marrakech, Ireland ,1999-2003
• Market Analyst, VISION Consulting, Ireland, 1997-1999
• Associate, Perot Systems, London, 1996-1997
• Faculty, Executive Education, American University of Beirut, Lebanon, 2019-Present
• Adjunct Professor, IE University, Spain 2013-Present
• Tutoría ExMBA, Escuela de Organización Industrial, Spain 2014-2016
• Adjunct Professor, IE Business School, Spain 2006-Present
• Guest Lecturer, University College Cork, Ireland, 1996
• Guest Lecturer. University of Limerick, Ireland, 1996
• MBA in Business Administration IE Business School, Spain, 2004
• Master of Science, University College Cork, Ireland, 1996
• Bachelor of Commerce, University College Cork, Ireland, 1994