Johanna Jacobsson is Professor of International and European law and she teaches students in law, business and international relations programs. Her fields of expertise are international trade law and the EU’s internal market law and external trade relations. Johanna’s current research interests lie especially in international trade in services and preferential trade agreements. She is also studying how the international legal framework for trade and business should respond to the effects of technology and digitization.
Johanna holds a PhD from the European University Institute, Florence (2016). She has previously acted as a law clerk at the Court of Justice of the European Union and been a visiting researcher at the Finnish Institute of International Affairs. She has also practiced law in a commercial law firm and is a regular visiting lecturer at several universities.
- Assistant Professor in Law, IE University, Madrid/Segovia, January 2017 – present
- Law clerk, Court of Justice of the European Union, September 2014 – August 2015
- Visiting Researcher, Finnish Institute of International Affairs, May 2013 – June 2014
- Associate Lawyer, Dittmar & Indrenius Attorneys Ltd, January 2009 – August 2011
- Doctor of Laws (PhD), European University Institute, Florence, Italy
- Bachelor (LLB) and Master (LLM) in law, University of Helsinki, Finland
- Bachelor (BA) in Russian studies, University of Helsinki, Finland