Luis García Jiménez
Luis García Jiménez
Luis García has more than 20 years of experience in strategy and corporate finance areas.
He has developed most of his professional career in the identification, analysis and execution of business opportunities, both at project and corporate level, including acquisitions and sales of assets and companies, structuring debt through project finance, etc in Europe, Latam and North America.
He has dealt with several type of investors (industrial, financial,…) both from the buy and from the sell side, understanding their different approach and value proposition.
He considers that all the professional challenges he has faced so far, as well as his strictly technical financial expertise, can add great value to the classes. In this respect, it is remarkable his exposure to several aspects of Corporate Finance issues: valuation, M&A processes, both in the buy and in the sale sides.
Besides, having being responsible for managing businesses, he can also bring to the table the experience of facing the consequences that corporate finance and M&A decisions eventually result in value creation or destruction. This is why his experiences have been not only in the deal execution, or in the financing structure design, but also understanding if the price paid, or the synergies estimation or the deal structure turned out to be a success, or not.
• 2019 - present: SENER; Head of Corporate Development
• 2007 - 2019: Inveravante; Managing Director, Avante Genera; launch and management of the energy business unit at Inveravante, having executed acquisitions (and sales) for over 3 Billion Euro.
• 2002 – 2007: Gamesa; Director, Strategic Projects; Director, Business Diversification and Development (definition and execution of de-investing plans and assets sale, for an amount exceeding 1,5 Billion Euro)
• 2001 – 2002: Mercer Management Consulting; Associate
• 1997 – 2001: Accenture; Senior consultant– Department of Strategic Consulting
• Lecturer, Corporate Finance, Valuation and Strategy (IE, ICAI-UP Comillas)
• Mergers and Acquisitions Programme, 2018 (London Business School)
• Board Member Programme, 2017 (Spencer Stuart)
• Corporate Finance Strategy in Global Markets, 2006 (INSEAD)
• Programa de Desarrollo Directivo, 2004 (IESE)
• Ingeniero Industrial ,1997 (I.C.A.I. – Universidad Pontificia Comillas)