María del Pilar Galeote
Expert in Strategic Alliances and Legal Negotiation, María del Pilar Galeote combines a broad business and teaching experience. She was member of the Department of Legal Counsel of Telefónica Intercontinental where she worked in UMTS contracts. Prior to that, Pilar worked at Clifford Chance in the commercial department, she specialized in aspects related to the negotiation of the merger and acquisitions process. She wrote a doctoral thesis on Unions of Vote as control instruments in society. Since 1999, she teaches Negotiation in different Master Programs at IE Law School, where she is the subdirector of the Center of Negotiation and Professor in different legal subjects; she currently teaches societies, M&A in different programs at IE.
“We work with a unique methodology developed in the school, where we have elaborated various practical cases and technical notes”, she explains.
María del Pilar Galeote is co-author of the book “Negociar para CON-Vencer”, edited by McGraw Hill. She is also author of the chapter “La Mediación”, in the manual “Sistemas de Solución Extrajurisdiccional de Conflictos”, directed by Professor Hinojosa Segovia and edited by CERASA. “Now we are going in deeply in mediation, which is a very important tool as an alternate mechanism for conflict resolution”, Pilar explains. She taught related courses in companies such as Grupo Santander, Philip Morris, Banesto y Grupo Atlas.
Maria del Pilar has just released her book, “Sindicatos de voto. El control en una sociedad conjunta”, Tirant lo Blanch (Mayo 2008), a work that touches on fundamental aspects of her doctoral thesis in Commercial Law.
- Degree in Law, Universidad Complutense de Madrid
- Doctor in Commercial Law
- Master in Legal Counselling, IE Law School
- Specialization Corporate Law, Universidad CEU San Pablo
- Subdirector, Center of Negotiation and Mediation IE Law School (2003–today)
- Lawyer at Clifford Chance, Spain (2000–2003)
- Lawyer at Telefónica Intercontinental (1999-2000)
- Professor of Negotiation, M&A and different programs of Commercial law at IE Law School (1999-today)
Author of books
- China: negociación e inversión extranjera. Joint Ventures e implicaciones jurídicas, Tirant lo Blanch, marzo 2012.
- Sindicatos de voto. El control en una sociedad conjunta, Tirant lo Blanch, Mayo 2008.
- Co author - Negociar para CON-Vencer (McGraw Hill, 2004).
Author of chapters
- “Los seguros de personas”, Los mercados financieros, Tirant lo Blanch, 2013, pp.963-980
- “Protocolos familiares”, Sociedades de Responsabilidad Limitada, Tiran lo Blanch, 2009, pp. 918-1016.
- “Sociedades de Responsabilidad Limitada”, Tipos Societários, Serie GVlaw, Sao Paulo, Febrero 2009.
- “Sindicatos de Voto”, Gestao e Controle, Serie GVlaw, Saraiva, Sao Paulo, Mayo 2008.
- “La mediación”, Sistemas de solución extra jurisdiccional de conflictos, CERASA, Madrid, septiembre 2006.