Accounting & Management Control
Paolo Giancane, CFA, is a serial angel investor in disruptive sectors and former partner for Mount Flag Capital, a Hong Kong-based merchant bank active in cross-border M&A and private equity investing.
Paolo has been exposed to the Chinese market since 2005 and has participated in several equity financings on behalf of Chinese clients and advised European clients in prospective investments in China as well as divestitures of European assets to Chinese buyers.
He was a Director at UniCredit Investment Banking in Milan, Beijing and Hong Kong. Previously, he worked at Lehman Brothers in New York and London in the corporate finance and leveraged finance teams.
Currently, he is an investor and advisor in Skinlabo.com, Italy’s #1 digital native vertical brand in the beauty care segment and expanding internationally; in eLegere.com, a cutting-edge software house designing data collection and data integration B2B solutions, and Letsell.com, an e-commerce platform start-up.
On a periodic basis, Paolo speaks at events and conferences organized by IE Business School across Greater China and the US on topics related to finance.
He enjoys practicing meditation, functional and CrossFit training as well as watching movies and sport events.
Paolo speaks English, Spanish and Italian fluently, and conversational French and Mandarin.
• Financial Advisor to one of China’s largest private equity and alternative investments manager, PRC, 2019
• Angel Investor at skinlabo.es (Spain and Italy’s leading digital native vertical brand – skincare), at letsell.com (online direct sales), at eLegere.com (disruptive enterprise software developer), Italy, 2015-present
• Partner, Mount Flag Capital, Hong Kong, 2013-2016
• Director, UniCredit Corporate & Investment Banking, Beijing and Hong Kong, 2005-2010
• Vice President and Staffer, UniCredit M&A Group, Milan, 2002-2005
• Associate, Lehman Brothers, Leveraged Finance Group, New York, 2000-2002
• Analyst, Lehman Brothers, Corporate Finance Telecom & Media, London, 1997-1999
• Adjunct Professor of Finance, IE Business School, IE School of Architecture and Design, Spain, 2010-present
• Adjunct Professor of Finance, IE University, Spain, 2010-present
• CFA designation, CFA Institute, USA
• MSc in Finance, London Business School, UK, 2000
• Bachelor in Business Administration, Luigi Bocconi University, Italy, 1994