Information Systems & Technology
Dr. Awad is a Project Leader at Boston Consulting Group (BCG), Visiting Professor of Technology and Innovation at IE Business School, Co-Finder of Findme, and Inventor with several patents and academic publications in smart networks and mobile technologies.
With BCG, Dr. Awad is actively involved in shaping tech & digital agenda for a diverse group of leading clients in the ME and other parts of the world, focusing on building entrepreneurial ecosystems and driving innovative and futuristic national and business transformations. He led several digital transformation and innovation projects including some of the world's largest public-sector transformations. Recently, he has been advising public-sector clients in the ME on unlocking the value of national data through AI to advance economies and societies.
Founded in 2017 building on an IE MBA entrepreneurship project prototype, Findme is a startup developing affordable tracking solutions based on IoT technologies. Dr. Awad founded the company with the mission of connecting people to their loved & vulnerable ones; all in simple, practical, seamless and affordable way.
He has deep expertise in digital transformation, technology strategy, big data and analytics, Agile product management, and change management, through working globally with clients, primarily in TMT and public sector.
Prior to joining BCG, Dr. Awad worked with several telecommunications and technology firms covering clients in Europe, Middle East and Africa.
• Led the development of a national data and AI governance strategy of a ME country
• Led Agile development and implementation of the big data analytics program for a strategic ME public entity
• Led the development and implementation of the big data analytics program for a strategic ME public entity
• Enabled the Agile transformation of a ME public-sector national IT platform
• Developed the marketing and launch strategy of a national e-services portal for a strategic ME ministry
• Led the strategy and delivery plan development of the biggest national transformation program of a ME country
• Advised a leading ME telco group CEO on executing a mega growth and digital portfolio strategy to transform to a global champion and lead the country's digital transformation
• Led the development of digital transformation initiatives for a major Eastern European telco, inc. big data, IoT, smart and smart logistics
• Led several Agile software and hardware product development projects in European technology companies
• Project Leader, Boston Consulting Group, UAE, 2016-Current
• Co-Founder, Findme, UAE, 2017-Current
• Senior Consultant – Service Provider Mobility, Cisco Systems, UK, 2013-2015
• Senior System Engineer – Advanced products, ip.access, UK, 2011-2012
• Senior Product Management Engineer, Aircom International, 2008-2010
• Visiting Professor of Technology and Innovation, IE Business School, Spain, 2016-Present
• Researcher, University of Leeds, UK, 2003-2008
• MBA in Global Management, IE Business School, Spain, 2015
• Ph.D. in Integrated Information Systems and Communications, University of Leeds, UK, 2008
• Bachelor in Electrical and Electronic Engineering, University of Jordan, Jordan, 2003