Almudena Rodríguez Tarodo
Almudena Rodríguez Tarodo
Professor, Bachelor in Information Systems Management
Senior Employeer Branding & Employee Experience Advisor at Grayling
Human Resources and Organisational Behaviour
Almudena is a consultant, professor and lecturer dedicated to co-creating unique employer brands.
A Ph.D in Marketing, her thesis on employer branding and leader development clearly place her at the forefront of her field. The creator of “Santander eres tú”, an employer branding of international renown and hallmark of the 180,000 employees of the Santander Group, she has harnessed her vast experience into innovative training approaches in the development of leaders worldwide.
She discovered her passion for the academe in 1988 in California, while teaching courses at the University of the Pacific (UOP), whilst working on a Masters’ Degree in the Faculty of Education. Since then, her interest in the academic world has never wavered, and she has successfully managed to apply an integrating approach to her speciality in H.R. and Communication in global roles in big companies such as Banco Santander, Indra, Ogilvy and Amadeus.
Her professional career includes milestones such as the start-up, management and positioning of the DIRCOM, Of note are her consultancy experience in Change Management at ACCENTURE and her position as general manager of Ogilvy.
She has led a number of global HR units, designing corporate policy and managing recruitment, training and talent development programmes. She has been at the helm of the Universidad Corporativa of Banco Santander, where she achieved considerable impact in leadership and strategy training for the 1800 main executives of the Group, as well as via the corporate schools of financial and risk management issues; the sustained success of her programmes helped place the corporate university among world renowned centres of innovation,
She is an active participant in forums designed to promote equality and diversity. She has been elected TOP100 in 2012, 2015 and 2017. President of the Charter 1000 women’s association, member of the management committee of the FEDEPE association of women executives.
She actively works with NGOs such as Plan Internacional, Mundo Cooperante, Unicef and promoted corporate volunteering with the Red Cross.
- Senior Global VP in Human Capital, INDRA, Spain, 2014-2016
- Senior Global VP in Training and Development, Banco Santander, Spain, 2006-2013
- Marketing Director, Universia, Spain, 2005-2006
- Managing Director, Ogilvy, Spain, 2002-2005
- Global Internal Communication Director, Amadeus, Spain, 2000-2002
- General Manager Dircom, Spain, 1993-2000
- Consultant in CMS, ACCENTURE, 1990-1992
- Visiting Lecturer at University of the Pacific, California, 1987-1988
- Adjunct Professor at Graduate School, IE University, Spain, 2018-Present
- Adjunct Professor at UEM Graduate Programs, Spain, 2017-Present
- Dean of Social Science and Communication, UEM University, Spain 2016
- Adjunct Professor at ICADE Business Schools, Spain, 2014-2016
- Ph.D. in Marketing and Communication, Universidad Complutense , Spain 2101
- PDG (General Management Program) at IESE, Spain 2009
- M.A. Curriculum and Instruction, School of Education, (University of the Pacific) California 1989
- B.A in Education, School of Education (Universidad Pontificia de Comillas) Spain, 1987