Communication, Media & Marketing
Dr. Andrea Pousada is a Senior Consultant Clinical Psychologist and Doctor in Neuroscience with over 15 years of experience in private and public mental health centers and clinics, treating a wide range of psychological and neurological conditions. Nowadays, she combines her clinical practice between Ireland and Spain along with her academic work as university professor in psychology and neuroscience in American and European universities. She has also worked for the pharmaceutical industry and she provides scientific consultancy in psychology and neuroscience for marketing, market research and consumer behavior for different companies.
Dr. Pousada obtained a B.Sc. and M.Sc. in Clinical Psychology from the University of Santiago de Compostela and a PhD in Neuroscience from University Complutense of Madrid. She was a Postdoctoral Fellow at the departments of psychiatry and neurology of Harvard University Medical School, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging and Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston. She is also an experienced clinical researcher in the field of mental health and applied neuroscience using neuroimaging and electrophysiological techniques such as fMRI, EEG and TMS with cognitive endophenotypes and biomarkers. She has participated in several international scientific conferences presenting the results of her research and giving lectures and talks in different institutions.
• Professor in Psychology. Saint Louis University, 2015 – Present
• Adjunct Professor IE, 2017 – Present
• Adjunct Professor, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid, 2019 – Present
• Ph.D. in Neuroscience, Medical School, Universidad Complutense de Madrid. Spain
• Master of Advanced Studies (M.A.S.) in Psychoneuroendocrinology, Medical School, University Complutense of Madrid. Spain
• Postgraduate training in Consumer Behavior and Market Research. University of Santiago de Compostela. Spain
• B.S. and M.S. in Clinical Psychology. School of Psychology. University of Santiago de Compostela. Spain