Socio Director Simmons & Simmons Madrid
Comparative Corporate Law
Andrés was a legal advisor in Corporación Bancaria, S.A. as well as in the Deposit Guarantee Fund for Bank Establishments (Fondo de Garantía de Depósitos en Establecimientos Bancarios). In 1986 he founded Mochales & Palacios. He joined the Madrid office of Simmons & Simmons as a partner in 2007 as a result of the merger of Simmons & Simmons and Mochales & Palacios, being currently the Country Head for Spain.
His long career of more than 30 years of experience has positioned him in the law sector as a specialist in litigation issues, arbitration, bankruptcy proceedings, corporate restructuring, insolvency and all types of civil and commercial procedures. Andrés has participated as speaker and moderator in the 9 last editions of the Insolvency Law National Congress organized annually by the IE Law School (Instituto de Empresa), which is sponsored by Simmons & Simmons and other law firms.
Andrés is recognized by clients, peers and prestigious legal guides, such as Chamber & Partners and Legal 500, as an authority in the field of law, given his experience and knowledge. Clients define him as an “expert” who has “an excellent reputation in the Spanish market” that “litigates with brilliance” and that “he has the expertise and knowledge of managing different situations”.
- Graduate in Law, Universidad Complutense de Madrid
- Member of the Bar Association of Madrid.
- Spanish Country Head, Simmons & Simmons LLP.
- National Practice Group Head of Dispute Resolution and Insolvency Group, Simmons & Simmons LLP.
- Secretary on the Board of Directors of a number of Spanish companies.
- Legal Advisor of a Major Spanish Meat Producer, motor industry company, media group and Spanish banks.
- Official arbitrator.
- Professor in the IE Law School.