Ángel Óscar Corona Beomont
Ángel Óscar Corona Beomont
Professor, Bachelor in Communication & Digital Media
Human Sciences and Technology
Ángel Óscar Corona Beomont holds an undergraduate degree in Agronomy from Universidad Central de Venezuela and an M.S. in Soil Science and Environmental Information Science from Cornell University. However, most of his professional activity since 1998 has taken place in the fields of language teaching and international education. Among others, he has taught Advanced Writing to international students at Schiller International University (Madrid Campus) and English for Health Sciences at Universidad Pontificia Comillas, Madrid.
Ángel joined IE University in 2017 to teach Research & Academic Writing Skills, as well as Spanish and English classes in Segovia and Madrid. In addition to many hours of classroom experience and positive experiences in administrative and supervisory positions, he has earned a Master’s Degree in TEFL and an M.A. in Applied English Linguistics from Universidad Nacional de Educación a Distancia, Spain. He is also currently working towards the completion of his Ph.D. in English Linguistics at Universidad Complutense de Madrid.
Angel’s approach to the study of language is predominantly socio-cognitive and his area of expertise is corpus-assisted metaphor-led discourse analysis. In his doctoral research, he finds pleasure in respectfully crossing disciplinary boundaries and surveying potential common ground between applied linguistics and social psychology. More specifically, He is passionate about exploring and understanding the possible links between our metaphorical language and our individual differences; particularly, those that are more likely to play an influential part on our social cognition, moral perception and evaluation of our fellow humans. Needless to say, all these aspects of socio-cognitive inquiry permeate and define his teaching.
Ángel is also an active member of IALSP (International Association of Language and Social Psychology), RaAM (the Association for Researching and Applying Metaphor), and AEDEAN (Asociación Española de Estudios Anglo-Norteamericanos).
- Interim Resident Director, Davidson College in Madrid, Spain, 2016
- International Relations Coordinator, Universidad Pontificia Comillas, University School of Nursing and Physiotherapy, Spain, 2013-2015
- Head of Studies, OPEN Schools of Languages, Spain, 2005-2006
- Adjunct Professor of Research & Academic Writing Skills, IE University, Spain, 2017-Present
- Adjunct Professor of Spanish 1.1 & 1.2, IE University, Spain, 2017-Present
- Associate Professor of Statistics and Research Methodology, Universidad Pontificia Comillas, Spain, 2013-2015
- Adjunct/Associate Professor of General English and English for Specific Purposes, Universidad Pontificia Comillas, Spain, 2009-2015
- Lecturer of General & Business English, Centro de Estudios Superiores de la Industria Farmacéutica (CESIF), Spain, 2007-2012
- Adjunct Professor of Intensive Intermediate English (EL 120) and Advanced English (EL 131, EL 132), Schiller International University, Spain, 2008-2010
- EFL Instructor, International Institute in Spain (IIE), Spain, 2005-2009
- Currently finishing a dissertation in English Linguistics examining the possible connection between metaphors in morally evaluative discourse and attributional patterns, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Spain, 2020
- Master’s degree in Applied English Linguistics, Universidad Nacional de Educación a Distancia (UNED), Spain, 2012
- Master’s Degree in Teaching English as a Foreign Language, Universidad Nacional de Educación a Distancia (UNED), Spain, 2010
- Master of Science in Soil Science and Environmental Information Science, Cornell University, USA, 1998
- Bachelor’s degree in Agronomy, Universidad Central de Venezuela, Venezuela, 1994