Architecture and Design
Clara Murado is an architect, designer, and Adjunct Professor at IE School of Architecture and Design. She holds a Masters Degree in Advanced Architecture Design from Columbia University in New York and an Architecture Degree from Universidad Politécnica de Madrid ETSAM. She also studied at the Istitutto di Architettura di Venezia IUAV.
She is the co-founder of the firm Murado & Elvira, focused on innovation in the fields of architecture and design, using a sustainable approach for their projects. Murado & Elvira’s projects seek to benefit both society and nature, and they research and produce focusing on user-centered design.
Their work has been awarded in many national and international competitions and has been exhibited at Freshmadrid, the Biennale di Venezia, CentroCentro and Achipaper among others.
Their design for Teknobyen Student Housing in Trondheim has been awarded with the Trondheim Kommune Energispareprisen prize, and was nominated to the Norwegian National Architecture Prize Staten Byggeskikkpris. Their ptoject on the Historic Archive and Public Library in Baiona (Spain) has been awarded the Gran de Area Prize, and nominated to the Lledó Iberian Architecture Prize and the European Union Prize for Contemporary Architecture Mies van der Rohe Award 2019.
Along with her academic and professional practice, she engages in editorial work and has been co-editor of the architecture magazine Oeste.
- Architect and Co-Founder, Murado & Elvira, Spain. Since 2003.
- Adjunct Professor of Architecture Design at the IE
- Associate Professor of Architecture and Design at Universidad de Alcalá
- Associate Professor of Graphic Communication and Interior Design at Istitutto Europeo di Design
- Master of Science in Advanced Architectural Design, Columbia University in the city of New York
- Architecture, Universidad Politécnica de Madrid, School of Architecture