Professor Daniel Clark brings a unique international and interdisciplinary approach to the teaching of and research in entrepreneurship. A dual Canadian and United Kingdom citizen, who has also lived in both the United States and Germany, he has worked in diverse industries including banking, market research, pharmaceuticals, and restaurants. He brings this broad experience into the classroom, drawing on examples and stories from around the world and across industries.
Professor Clark’s research focuses on the decision making of internationalizing entrepreneurs: specifically how they make complex decisions under the uncertainty of both entrepreneurial and international contexts. His research has been published primarily in the Journal of International Business Studies. This research tends to be both cognitive and experimental in nature, and he enjoys the challenge of applying these innovative techniques in the field of internationalizing entrepreneurs.
Professor Clark obtained his PhD in Entrepreneurship and International Business from Indiana University, under the supervision of Professors Dean Shepherd and Dan Li. He has been nominated for and won awards for his teaching, and his research.
• PhD in Entrepreneurship and International Business, Indiana University (USA) 2017
• Masters in Business in Entrepreneurship, Indiana University (USA) 2014
• Masters in Business Administration, Queen’s University (Canada) 2008
• Bachelor of Science in Psychology, with Honors, Dalhousie University (Canada) 2007
• Assistant Professor of Entrepreneurship, IE Business School (Spain) 2018 to present
• Visiting Assistant Professor of Entrepreneurship, Indiana University (USA) 2017
• Associate Instructor of Entrepreneurship, Strategy & International Business, Indiana University (USA) 2012 to 2017
• Owner, New Wave Café (Canada) 2009 - 2011
• Product Manager, Capital One (Canada) 2008 - 2009
• Owner, Sebring Research Consultants (Canada) 2005 - 2008
• Senior Market Research Manager, Hoffmann-La Roche (Canada) 2002 - 2005
• Senior Associate, Actionable Market Research (Canada) 1999 - 2002
• Clark, D.R., McGrath, P.J. & MacDonald, N. (2007). “Knowledge and attitudes of members of parliament: Health research and funding”. Canadian Medical Association Journal, 177(9), 1045-1051.