David Hernández González
David Hernández González
Operations & Technology
David Hernández is Senior Manager and professor with wide experience in Operations, Lean Strategy and Implementation, Program Management and Innovation.
He is always looking ahead to discover new ways of doing things to improve efficiency of the different organisations and processes he has been involved in along his 20 years professional experience.
David has either led or participated in medium/large projects along these 20 years, nurturing himself from the tasks, situations and the people involved. For David, people are the key asset of a company/task, and for sure, teambuilding and people management is more than key, when trying to accomplish anything in this life. For him being a "doer" is a must and to do things, you cannot work alone.
His command at vision formulation and persuasion, strategy set-up, team-building and project management, allows him fulfilling and accomplishing long term high complexity tasks.
David has expertise in Operations, Lean Transformation and Strategy (Change Management, Organisational Adaptation...). But David is not only an "Operations Man". He is curious in many other aspects: Digital Transformation; Customer Service and how operations are satisfying flexibility on customer demands; Old handcraft professions (he became a tailor seven years ago).
• Senior Manager Head of Light Transport and MRTT Program Procurement. Airbus Defence and Space. Feb 2018 - Present
• Senior Manager Head of Program SA HTP Industrial Transfers. Airbus Operations. Nov 2016–Feb 2018
• Senior Manager Head of Industrial A350 Program in Spain. Airbus Operations. Sept 2015 – Nov 2016.
• Senior Manager Head of Operations A350 Illescas Plant. Airbus Operations. April 2008 - Sept 2015.
• Head of Production Single Aisle Horizontal Tail Plane. Airbus Operations. April 2001 - April 2008
• Manufacturing Engineering Manager. Robert Bosch GmbH. Nov 1999 – March 2001.
• Project Manager. Ingeniería IDOM. Nov 1998 – Nov. 1999.
Across his experience, David has led industrial and organizational transformation projects.
• Adjunct Professor Operations Management. IMBA 2019. IE Business School.
• Adjunct Professor Creating Value Through Operations. GMBA 2018. IE Business School.
• Adjunct Professor Innovation and Project Management. GMBA 2016. IE Business School.
• Adjunct Professor Master Universidad Politécnica de Cataluña in Lean Manufacturing. 2012.
• Adjunct Professor Master Universidad Politécnica de Madrid in Lean Manufacturing. 2011.
• 2012 EADS EXPAND (Airbus Executive Training Program).
• 2006 – 2007 Executive Management Program. Instituto de Empresa (IE)
• 2005 – 2006 ENGIPLANT Master Program (Univ. Politécnica de Cataluña). Engineering and Managing of Production and Industrial Plants
• 2004 EADS FAST (Airbus Senior Manager Training Program)
• 1991 – 1997. MsC. Mechanical Engineer. Escuela Técnica Superior Ingenieros Industriales Universidad Politécnica Madrid