Enrique Peña Pérez
Enrique Peña Pérez
Human Resources and Organisational Behaviour
Enrique Peña is member of the Associate Faculty body at IE where he teaches recognized courses on Strategy and Negotiations in postgraduate and university programs, as well as in-company programs, both full-time and part-time, presential and online
His current research is focused on the impact of digital transformation on organizational routines, with a special focus on the demanded capabilities with the increasing incorporation of artificial intelligence and automation in the companies´ value chain.
Enrique accumulates more than 20 years in strategic management and business development functions in energy, telco and transportation infrastructure operations in large corporations such as Shell, Boston Consulting Group, Orange and Renfe.
Enrique has been member of the Executive Committee of Renfe, Board of Directors of the High-Speed Train Project between the cities of Mecca and Medina in Saudi Arabia, Board of Directors of Comfersa, SA, member of the Executive Committee of the Spanish think-tank Real Instituto Elcano, member of the Executive Committee of the Rafael del Pino Foundation and President of the Alumni Association of Rafael del Pino Scholars.
• Senior Manager of International Business Development, Renfe, Spain, 2014-2019.
• Chief of Staff, Renfe, Spain, 2012-2014.
• Customer Experience Manager, Orange, Spain, 2008-2012.
• Strategy Consultant, Boston Consulting Group (BCG), Spain and Mexico, 2007-2008.
• Business Development Manager, Shell Europe Oil Products, Spain and Portugal, 2001-2005.
• Construction Engineer, High-speed train Madrid-Barcelona, Acciona, Spain, 1999-2000.
• Second Lieutenant, Infantry, Spanish Army, Spain , 1997-1998.
• Adjunct Profesor of Strategy, IE Business School, IE Law School, IE Human Science &Technology, Spain, 2010-Now (14 Teaching Excellence Awards and nominated Best Professor of the Global MBA Program in the academic year 2018-19).
• Adjunct Professor of Negotiation, IE Business School, IE Law School, IE University, Spain, 2002-Now (29 Teaching Excellence Awards).
• Associate Professor, Railways Engineering Department of the Civil Engineering School, Universidad Polytechnical University of Madrid UPM, Spain, 2014-2019.
• Masters Degree in Marketing Automation, ISDI, Spain, 2019.
• MIT Frontiers of Innovation, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA, 2018.
• Global Leadership Program, Harvard Weather Center for International Affairs, USA, 2016.
• Masters in Business Administration , Wharton School of Business, University of Pennsylvania (Rafael del Pino Excellence Scholarship and Joseph Wharton Award), USA, 2007.
• Masters Degree in Infrastructure and Public Services Management, Polytechnical University of Madrid UPM (Wellington Foundation Scholar), Spain, 2003.
• Masters in Civil Engineer, Universidad Politécnica de Madrid UPM (Augusto Krahe Award), Spain, 1998.