Francisco Javier Peraza
Francisco Javier Peraza
Professor, Master in Market Research & Consumer Behavior
Independent consultant, Cemergy
Behavior & Talent
Is an independent consultant and entrepreneur with more than 20 years of professional experience in the industrial & energy sector, consumer packaged goods, public administration and NGOs.
He started his professional career in Petróleos de Venezuela, where he worked in the 1990’s during the “apertura petrolera” (oil sector opening). He then moved to McKinsey & Co in the USA, where he mostly worked advising national oil companies and companies in the financial sector. Thereafter, he worked for Cemex, being appointed regional planning director for South America and the Caribbean (in Caracas) as well as project director for EMEA at Cemex (in London and Madrid). His career continued as a consultant at Bain & Company in Madrid, and as an independent consultant serving several major industrial and energy companies in Europe, America, Africa and Asia. His support spans in a wide range of topics including due diligence, growth strategy, organization design, channel optimization, performance improvement, market research, and business development.
Javier has relevant entrepreneur experience having assisted in the development of an alternative energy project using a novel technology called hydrothermal carbonization in Europe, and a project to recycle municipal solid waste and produce refused derived fuel in Latin America.
He has a deep interest in education and is a lecturer in Strategy at IE in Madrid – where he has been awarded several times the teaching excellence prize, and President of Progracademy, a non-profit organization dedicated to promoting the development of XXI century skills among the population at risk of social exclusion.
Javier holds a degree in Economics at the Andres Bello Catholic University in Caracas (Cum Laude), an MA at Yale University and a Master in Public Administration from the Kennedy School of Government at Harvard University
- Independent consultant, Cemergy, Spain, 2012- Present
- Principal, Bain & Co, Spain, 2008-2012
- PMO Director, Cemex, Spain/UK, 2005-2008
- Strategy Director, Cemex, Venezuela, 2003-2004
- Consultant, McKinsey & Co, USA, 2000-2003
- Senior Analyst, PDVSA, USA, 1998-2000
- Senior Analyst, PDVSA, Venezuela, 1995-1998
- Lecturer in Market Intelligence, Industry Analysis and Strategy, IE University, Spain, 2017-Present
- Lecturer in Fiscal policy and Economic Growth, UCAB, Venezuela, 1995-1998
- Master in Public Administration, Kennedy School of Government at Harvard University, USA, 1995
- MA (Economics), Yale University, USA, 1993
- Bachelor in Economics, UCAB, Venezuela, 1991