Professor, Executive Master in Digital Transformation & Innovation Leadership
Partner in Avasant
Data Science & Technology
Javier has 34 years of professional experience, 24 of which as a manager, has worked mainly in the areas of OPERATIONS, TRANSFORMATION, STRATEGY, BUSINESS AND COMPANY DEVELOPMENT, INTERNATIONAL VENTURES and START UP, accumulating experience in the Infrastructure sector (Engineering and Construction), Energy (electricity, oil&gas, renewable), Telecommunications (fixed, mobile, internet, CATV), Mining, Industrial, Venture Capital, Real Estate and Consulting, having developed his own business experience for eight years.
His academic experience has been developed in the Instituto de Empresa, SEI, Instituto de la Energía, IEB and Unión Fenosa Corporate University.
- Partner in AVASANT. Spain. 2017 – current
- Senior Advisor. Gravitas Global Advisors, Spain. 2018 – present
- Managing Director. Agrudibe Consultants. Spain. 2013- 2016.
- CEO Sercal Global Projects. Spain, Libya, 2010 – 2013
- Deputy Director to the President. Gecina, France, 2007 – 2010
- General Director Agrudibe Consultores. 2004 – 2007
- Director of Strategy and Development Vodafone Spain. 2001 – 2004
- Resource Director. Union Fenosa Gas. Spain Egypt 2000 – 2001
- Strategy Director. Amena. Spain. 1998 – 2000.
- Investment Director. Ufinsa. Spain 1994 -1998
- Strategy Manager. UF. Spain. 1987 – 1994
- Substation and Network Engineer. UF 1985 – 1987
- Adjunct Professor, IE University Spain, 2019-Present
- Business school. Courses in management control.1989-1991.
- Energy Institute. Economic models of the electricity sector. 1991 -1995.
- Unión Fenosa Corporate University. 1991 -1996.
- Institute for Stock Market Studies (IEB). “Kyoto and the CO2 market”. 2005
- Professor at the Society for International Studies (SEI) 2012 -2018.
- Adjunct Professor IE School of Human Sciences and Technology. 2019 current
– PAPERS IN: Universidad F. De Vitoria, IIR, IFAS, Instituto de Opciones y Futuros, IA de la Salud.
– 1996 Award for the best paper of the year at IIR, as voted by the students.
Three books published:
- El horizonte de las telecomunicaciones Españolas 2001. Foro de Las Telecomunicaciones. COIT,
- El desarrollo de las TIC en España. 2002. Foro de las Telecomunicaciones. COIT.
- Tecnología Móvil, GSM, GPRS UMTS con Luis Arroyo Galán. Ed Anaya Multimedia
- Civil Engineer. Master in Hydraulic and Energy. U. Politécnica de Madrid. Prom 87
- MBA Business Institute (Madrid). Prom 88
- Master in Strategic Planning. AESPLAN. Prom 91
- Special Studies in ECONOMICS (HARVARD UNIVERSITY) courses. 1983 -1984
- Consultancy Business Development Program. IIB England 2012