Specialized in strategy, Professor Garralda has focused these past years on the area of Corporate Social Responsibility, in which, besides giving lectures and programs, he serves as a mediator of CSR from several platforms.
He is a Member of State Council on CSR, a body created by the government to promote CSR in Spain. He has been Secretary of the The UN Global Compact's Spanish Association (UN Global Compact) since its initiation in 2004, until July 2012. He is Chairman of the Ethics Commission in MicroBank´s Ethical Fund (CaixaBank Group). From 2009 to 2013, he was Vice-president of Spainsif, the Spanish association that promotes social responsible investments in Spain which involves the main civil and financial representatives. He has also been a member of Fundación Lealtad from 2000 to 2010, an institution that evaluates the governance practices of nonprofit organizations.
Joaquín holds a degree in Economic Sciences from Universidad Complutense Madrid, an MBA from IE and the ITP form London Business School. He has combined his teaching career with intense professional activity as a consultant in the fields of organisation and strategy in diverse companies, as a director at PricewaterhouseCoopers, and member of several managerial boards.
Joaquín Garralda contributes regularly to leading media agents in the field of economics in Spain and Latin America, and also speaks at major forums and conferences.
• Master in Business Administration (MBA), IE, Madrid
• Degree in Economic Sciences. Universidad Complutense de Madrid
• ITP, London Business School
• Dean of Academic Affairs
• 2003 - 2009: Vice Dean of Academic Affairs, IE Business School
• 1988 - 1994; 1988 - 2000 y 2001 - Present: Director of Executive MBA Programmes, IE Business School
• 2000 - 2001:Director, Global Human Resources, Pricewaterhouse Coopers España
• 1994 - 1995: Director of the MBA programme, IE Business School
• 1990 - 1997: Director of Strategic Management Area, IE Business School
Teaching and Research Experience
• Professor of Strategic Management, IE
• Author of various articles, business cases, multimedia cases, like INDITEX 2002, The Value Chain and a set of cases about CSR implementation. And a book about CSR: “Hacia la empresa razonable” (2008)
• Garralda, J. (2009). "¿Cómo formulamos la Visión y la Misión compatible con la RSE y el Buen Gobierno?". Revista de Responsabilidad Social de la Empresa. Vol. (5)
• Garralda, J. (2008). "Liderazgo y valores". Cuadernos de Sostenibilidad y Patrimonio Natural. Vol. 20(5): 7-26
• Garralda, J. (2007). "Hacia una Empresa Razonable". Madrid: LID