Johanna Jacobsson is a lawyer specialized in international economic law. Her fields of expertise are international trade law (especially preferential trade agreements, services trade and digital trade) and the EU's internal market law and external trade relations. Johanna’s current research interests lie especially in the effects of technology and digitisation on international trade and business.
Johanna holds a PhD in European and international law from the European University Institute, Florence (2016). She has previously acted as a law clerk at the Court of Justice of the European Union and been a visiting researcher at the Finnish Institute of International Affairs. She has also practiced law in a commercial law firm and is a regular visiting lecturer at several universities.
- Doctor of Laws of the European University Institute (PhD), Florence (Italy)
- Bachelor (LL.B) and Master (LL.M) in law, University of Helsinki (Finland)
- Bachelor (B.A) in Russian studies, University of Helsinki
- Assistant Professor in Law, IE Law School, Madrid/Segovia, January 2017 – present
- Law clerk, Court of Justice of the European Union, September 2014 - August 2015
- Visiting Researcher, Finnish Institute of International Affairs, May 2013 - June 2014
- Associate Lawyer, Dittmar & Indrenius Attorneys Ltd, January 2009 - August 2011