Juan Manuel Moral Calvo
Juan Manuel has over twenty five years of experience in institutional tax assessment for credit entities, insurance agencies and the financial industry in general, as well as in restructuring processes for groups and mergers and purchases.
Juan Manuel has vast experience in assessment of all types of structures, products, contracts and financial operations. His activity is at times focused on optimizing tax costs, and other times on assessing the management and control of taxation contingencies and risks.
Juan Manuel is a Partner of KPMG Spain, and works at the Financial Services Tax Department. Prior to joining this firm as a partner in 2010, he was a partner at Cuatrecasas, Gonçalves Pereira. Before that, he had worked for Argentaria and Arthur Andersen.
Ranked among the top tax advisors in the Spanish banking, insurance and finance sector, he is highly regarded by several financial institutions for which he works frequently.
- Graduate in Law, Universidad Pontificia de Comillas ICADE (1986)
- "El intercambio de información fiscal entre Estados" (Exchange of fiscal information between States), with María Alonso Vila, in 2017.
- "Los paraísos fiscales" (Tax havens), with Javier Ortega Pérez, in 2017.
- "La fiscalidad internacional" (International taxation), with Luis Carretero Borrego, in 2015.
- "Tax and legal challenges for doing business in Spain", with Diego Siller Beltrán, in 2015.
- "Los activos por impuestos diferidos" (Assets by deferred taxes), with Noelia Souto Rozados, in 2014.
- "Nueva figura de imposición a la banca en el entorno de la crisis" (New banking tax within the context of the crisis), with Mª Rosa Pérez Casado, in 2013.