Behavior & Talent
A former entrepreneur and business leader, Julian’s work now includes leadership coaching and executive education, with the aim of bringing new consciousness to human performance. Julian’s career spans 20 years of entrepreneurship, leadership, and humanistic psychology training and practice.
Julian began his career as an opera singer and performed at the Royal Opera House Covent Garden for 8 years. After a decision to give up professional singing, he founded “Zafferano” which became one of London’s highly acclaimed food and event management brands. The Company was acquired in 2018 and Julian exited the business.
Julian now coaches top performers, CEOs and executive teams, and runs leadership development training programmes internationally. He is a Forbes Contributor & Member of the Coaches Council, and is a speaker for Vistage International, a peer mentoring and coaching organisation for CEOs.
Julian sits on the advisory board for a range of technology businesses, and is a trustee for three charities in the fields of education, international and social development.
• Founder and Leadership Coach, Julian Alexander & Associates, 2018 – Present
• Executive Chairman, Zafferano Catering Limited, 2014 – 2018
• Non-Executive Director, Zafferano Concessions Limited, 2011 – 2018
• Founder & CEO, Zafferano Catering Limited, 2006 – 2014
• Adjunct Professor, Talent Development & Human Resources, IE University, Spain, 2020 – Present
• Co-Founder/Facilitator, UK & Canada Emerging Leaders Programmes, 2020 – Present
• Vistage International, Visiting Speaker, Business Strategy & Implementation
• Practitioner’s Diploma, Academy of Executive Coaching, 2019
• Bioenergetics Trainer, The Open Centre, 2014 – 2018
• Post-Diploma Vocal Training, Guildhall School of Music & Drama, 1992 – 1996
• BA English Literature and Language, Kings College London, 1987 – 1990