Professor Laura Illia is Visiting Professor at IE University. Her current research focuses on how discourses, narratives and conversations become crucial to comprehend business and society. In particular she is interested in the strategic processes of legitimacy, stigma, reputation, identity and social responsibility of circular economy, sharing economy, hi-tech companies, and banks.
She has been doing research at the University of Cambridge (UK), London School of Economics and Political Science (UK) and Università della Svizzera Italiana (CH).
Her works are published in journals like MIT Sloan Management Review, Journal of Business Ethics, British Journal of Management, Journal of Management Inquiry, Business and Society, Journal of Business Research andothers. She currently serves on the Editorial Board of Business & Society (Sage), Corporate Reputation Review (Palgrave) and Corporate Communication: An international journal (Emerald).
• Visiting Professor, IE University, 2019 - present
• Associate (Tenured) Professor, IE University, 2015 - 2019
• Assistant Professor, IE University, 2009 - 2015
• Post Doc Fellow, London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE), 2007 - 2008
• Post Doc Fellow, Judge Business School University of Cambridge, 2006 - 2007
• Research fellow, Università della Svizzera Italiana (USI), 2001 - 2006
• PhD Programme in Business Studies and Communication, Università della Svizzera Italiana (USI)
• Executive MsCom, Università della Svizzera Italiana (USI)
• Bachelor and Master in Communication, Università della Svizzera Italiana (USI)