Human Resources and Organisational Behaviour
Lee Newman is Dean of IE Business School and a professor of Behavioral Science and Leadership at IE University in Madrid, Spain.
His work and interests center on Behavioral Fitness and Positive Leadership, and in particular, on translating and applying behavioral science to help professionals optimize their performance in the workplace. Imagine an organization in which employees at all levels can out-think and out-behave the competition, over and over again. This is a company with a behavioral advantage, and Dr. Newman’s professional mission is to help individuals and companies achieve this type of advantage.
Prior to pursuing a career in academia, Dr. Newman served as an Engagement Manager with McKinsey & Company in Chicago and was a founder and senior manager in two technology-based startups in New York City.
Dr. Newman holds an interdisciplinary Ph.D. from the University of Michigan in Psychology (Cognitive) and Computer Science (AI), as well as a Certificate in Cognitive Neuroscience. He also holds an MBA from The MIT Sloan School of Management, a Master in Technology & Policy from MIT, and a Bachelor in Electrical Engineering from Brown University.
• Ph.D. Cognitive Psychology and Computer Science, University of Michigan, USA
• Cert. Cognitive Neuroscience and Cognitive Science, University of Michigan, USA
• MBA Management Science, MIT Sloan School of Management, USA
• S.M. Technology and Policy, MIT, USA
• Sc.B. Electrical Engineering, Brown University, USA
• Dean, IE Business School, IE University, Madrid, Spain, 2021 – Present
• Member, IE University Executive Committee, Madrid, Spain, 2015 – Present
• Dean, School of Human Sciences and Technology, IE University, Madrid, Spain, 2015 – 2021
• Dean, School of Social and Behavioral Sciences, IE University, Madrid, Spain, 2010 – 2015
• Dean of Innovation and Behavior, IE Business School, Madrid, Spain, 2013 – 2015
• Member, Executive Committee, Department of Psychology, University of Michigan, 2006 – 2007
• Departmental Associate, Department of Psychology, University of Michigan, 2006 – 2007
• Member, Recruiting Committee, Department of Psychology, University of Michigan, 2005 – 2007
• Computational And Cognitive Neuroscience Reading Group, Department of Psychology, University of Michigan, 2004 – 2005
• Founder & EVP Of Product Development, HR One INC., New York, NY, 1999 – 2002
• Engagement Manager, Mckinsey & Company INC., Chicago, IL, 1991 – 1995