Marco de Benito
Marco De Benito
Comparative Private and Business Law
Law and Humanities
Prof. Dr. Marco de Benito holds the Jean Monnet Chair in European Civil Procedure at IE University, where he teaches comparative civil procedure and international arbitration. He also fosters reflection and debate on private law and legal history through the Jean Monnet Module in European Private Law.
He has authored monographs on arbitration agreements (his views having been mirrored by the Spanish Supreme Court) and European justice systems (criticizing the bureaucratization of Spanish civil justice). Some of his publications can be accessed on his Academia webpage. He serves as co-editor-in-chief of Arbitraje, one the leading academic journal on arbitration in Spanish. He is a member of the Procedural Law Board of the Spanish Royal Academy of Jurisprudence and Legislation.
Founder of Marco de Benito Estudio de Arbitraje, he is often appointed as arbitrator in international matters.
• Founder, Marco de Benito Estudio de Arbitraje
• Co-editor-in-chief, Arbitraje. Revista de Arbitraje Comercial y de Inversiones
• Dr. iur., Universidad Pontificia Comillas de Madrid
• Visiting Scholar, Yale Law School
• Guest Researcher, Max Planck Institute for Comparative and International Private Law
• Bachelor in Laws, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid
• De Benito, M. (2019). “Spain”. In Jeuland, E. (Eds.). On Judicial Management from Comparative Perspective. IRJS Sorbonne Institute of Legal Research
• De Benito, M., Fernández de la Mela, J. (2018). Spain. In Doris, P. (Eds.). “Enforcement of Foreign Judgments”. Law Business Research Ltd
• Collantes, J. L. (dir.), Baizeau, D., Cremades, A.-C., De Benito, M., De La Vega, B., Gallego, J., Mas, J., (coords.). (2018). “Enciclopedia jurídica del arbitraje”. Castillo Freyre
• De Benito, M. (2018). Court Management in Comparative Perspective: Spain. In Jeuland, E. (Eds.). Towards a New Court Management? General Report. HAL
• De Benito, M., Bauters, B. (2017). “The History of Law in Europe”. Edward Elgar
• De Benito, M. (2017). “Access Filters to the Spanish Supreme Court”. In Bravo, P. (Eds.). Overburdened Supreme Courts. Transplanting Solutions? Springer
• De Benito, M. (2017). “Civil Cassation in Spain: Past, Present, and Future”. In Van Rhee, C.H., Lin, Y. (Eds.). Supreme Courts in Europe and China. Springer
• Wauters, B., De Benito, M. (2013). “Historia del derecho en Europa”. Aranzadi