Marcos Eguillor Fernández
Marcos Eguillor Fernández
Marcos has worked in the digital arena since 1999, in the Internet, telecommunications, mobile, apps, software, Internet of Things, media and broadcast, videogames, esports, elearning, social media, gamification and consulting verticals, among others.
He has played international leading roles in corporate and business development, strategy, transformation, innovation, product/service design and development, project management and technology projects and activities.
He is cofounder of MAD Lions E.C., leading Spanish esports club, acquired by the Canadian OverActive Media group. He is also the cofounder and chairman of the board of Barbara IoT, a deep tech company which has a focus on IoT and security; founder and managing partner of the Innovation as a Service resultancy firm BinaryKnowledge_ and cofounder of IdeaFoster (sold) Innovation as a Service agency. He is also investor of the UK skill-based betting platform BnGet; eGoGames, mobile esports platform, and others.
He has advised, mentored and/or played an interim role in several companies and startups. Marcos has also extensively collaborated in incubation and acceleration programs with organizations such as IE Business School, Wayra, Founder Institute, Endeavor, FI-C3, Madri+d, H2O Challenge, AMAC, Comprometi2.0, Banespyme Orange or Pasión>IE.
Marcos is adjunct professor at IE Business School and University, as well as member of the faculty of Headspring, evaluator of FP7 and Horizon2020 – European Commission DG Connect calls, member of the Internet of Things Council and the Spanish Institute of Advisors and Directors, advisor to the IMAN foundation and volunteer of the Spanish Red Cross. He has been Vice-President of the organization in Madrid, member of the board of the Spanish Association of Telecommunication Engineers and representative at the Spanish Engineering Institute.
He holds a MSc. in Telecommunication Engineering, Executive MBA, candidate Ph.D. and Project Management Professional certified. He got a Torres Quevedo grant as researcher by the Ministry of Innovation and Science of Spain from 2010 to 2012. Telefónica I+D Prize for Innovation in 1999 and recognized for excellence as professor and mentor at IE Business School and University several times.
• Chairman, Barbara IoT, Spain, since 2017.
• CCO, MAD Lions E.C., Spain, since 2017.
• COO, IdeaFoster, Spain, 2014-2016.
• Managing Partner, BinaryKnowledge_, Spain, since 2012.
• Director of Digital Strategy and Innovation, élogos, Spain, 2010-2012.
• Independent Consultant, Spain, since 2007.
• Executive Producer, Pyro Studios, Spain, 2008.
• Associate, Oliver Wyman, Spain, 2007-2008.
• Several roles, Telefónica Group, Spain, 1999-2007.
• Adjunct professor, IE Business School, Spain, since 2007.
• Professor, National Civil Protection School, since 2003.
• Professor, Spanish Red Cross, Spain, since 2000.
• Private Equity and Venture Capital, Bocconi University, online, 2019.
• Executive Innovation Program, Singularity University, US, 2018.
• Entrepreneurship and Innovation Management PhD course, Eindhoven University of Technology, The Netherlands, 2016.
• Research Proficiency (PhD), Universidad Politécnica de Madrid, Spain, 2010.
• Executive MBA, IE Business School, Spain, 2006.
• MSc in Telecommunication Engineering, Universidad Alfonso X El Sabio, Spain, 2000.