María Alvarado Riquelme
María Álvarado Riquelme
Accounting & Management Control
María Alvarado began her teaching experience by providing internal training at junior and semi-senior promotions, while developing her career as a senior and supervisor in the Deloitte audit department. This experience marked all her subsequent professional career: Doctor in Economic and Business Sciences from the Complutense University of Madrid with an investigation on the independence of the auditor published by Dykinson.
She is currently Professor at the Rey Juan Carlos University (URJC), Visiting Professor at the ie University and Auditor.
She has been Director of the Master's Degree in Audit and Higher Accounting that said University teaches jointly with the General Council of Economists; Vice Dean of Students, Degrees, Institutional and Business Relations (URJC) and coordinator of the Degree in Business Administration and Management and the Bachelor of Business Administration and Management online (URJC).
Professor Alvarado was a member of the Board of Directors of the Registry of Audit Economists of the General Council of Economists, Member of the Accounting Working Party of the Institute of Auditors-Censor Auditors at the European Federation of Accounting Experts and Member of the Audit’s and Education’s Expert Groups of the EFAA (European Federation of Accountants and Auditors for SMEs).
Her scientific publications are focused on the fields of audit, education and national and international standards of financial information.
• Member of the board of directors, Registro de Economistas Auditores del Consejo General de Economistas (Registry of Economists Auditors of the General Council of Economists), Spain, 2013-2018
• Member of the Accounting Working Party, Instituto de Censores Jurados de Cuentas at the Federation of European Accountants, Spain, 1999-2004
• Member of the Audit’s and Education’s Expert Groups of the EFAA (European Federation of Accountants and Auditors for SMEs), 2013-2014 (education) and 2013-2017 (auditing)
• Junior, Senior and Supervisor Auditor, Deloitte, Spain, 1988-1994
• Professor, Rey Juan Carlos University, Spain, 2003-until now
• Visiting Professor, IE University, Spain, 2013- until now
• Director of Official Master in Auditing and Superior Accounting, Rey Juan Carlos University, 2007 – 2019
• Professor representative in the Quality Assurance Commission of the Degree in Management and Business, Rey Juan Carlos University, 2011- until now.
• Vice Dean of Students, Degrees, Business and Institutional Relations, Rey Juan Carlos University, 2008-2011.
• Ph.D. in Economics and Business Administration, Complutense University, Spain, 1998
• Bachelor Economics and Business Administration, Complutense University, Spain, 1988
• Auditor, ROAC (Official Register of Auditors), Spain, 1993