María Eizaguirre Diéguez
María Eizaguirre Diéguez
Upon completion of her Ph.D, Dr. Eizaguirre started working on the private sector where she has spent 18 years: first as Strategic Planner for Young&Rubicam, she later joined her main client, Kraft Foods within the Consumer Insights & Strategy team (CIS) and ultimately lead the Innovation CI function across the EU (Senior CIS Manager, EU).
María then took up a position as Marketing Director for a new venture by IE Business School: IE University (2010). She subsequently became Director Insights & Strategy for IE Corporate, leading efforts around repositioning programs (e.g. IMBA, MIM) and portfolio management (e.g. part-time executive programs and IE Law School).
After 6 years at IE, she moved back to a multinational setting, taking up an executive position as VP Marketing & Sales at Laureate International Universities and leading Marketing, Sales and Business Development & Analytics.
After 18 years of business experience she went back to IE Business School where she is Academic Director of the MCMC (Master Corporate and Marketing Communications), Academic Lead for Marketing Fundamentals and Director of the Innovation Lab at IE University.
In 2017 she created IE's Centre for Consumer Driven Growth, an IE venture that provides leading edge applied research on driving growth through customer-centricity with the support of big corporations. The Centre is also responsible for an Executive Program on Driving Growth through Customer Centricity. Her academic research is all in the field of Customer Centricity and growth.
• VP Marketing and Sales Spain and Portugal, Laureate International, Spain, 2016-2017
• Director Insights & Strategy, IE, Spain, 2014-2016
• Director Marketing, IE University, Spain 2010-2016
• Senior Consumer Insights & Strategy Manager Innovation EU, Kraft International, Spain 2009-2010
• Consumer Insights and Strategy Manager, Kraft International, Spain 2004-2009
• Strategic Planner, Young & Rubicam, Spain 2000-2004
• Research Executive, Research International, Spain 1999-2000
• Academic Director Master in Corporate and Marketing Communications, IE HST, Spain 2017-Present
• Academic Director IE Centre for Consumer Driven Growth, IE Foundation, Spain 2018 – Present
• Director Innovation Lab, IE University, Spain 2017 - Present
• Academic Lead Marketing Fundamentals, IE University, Spain, 2017-Present
• Adjunct Professor of Marketing, IE University, Spain, 2012-Present
• Adjunct Professor of Branding, IE HST, Spain, 2014-Present
• Ph.D., Biological Anthropology, University of Oxford, UK (1999)
• Rhodes Scholar (Linacre & Spain, 1994 - 1998)
• Sc. by Research, Biological Anthropology, Durham University, UK (1994-1995)
• A. Honours in Anthropology, Durham University, UK 1990-1993