Specialized in services marketing, and currently Executive Director of Admissions and Development at IE University, Professor Miguel Costa’s career has been largely forged at IE Business School, where he has been Director of the International MBA, Director of Admissions and Director of Marketing. In his own words: “It is particularly gratifying to have participated actively in IE’s growth such as its change of corporate identity, the consolidation of its brand on an international level, and the launch of our undergraduate programmes. In short, it was an opportunity to become part of a success story”.
Professor Costa combines teaching and management responsibilities, as full time professor his areas of interest and expertise are centered on Digital Marketing, Customer Experience and the analysis of the intangibles that generate confidence in clients. “In order to analyze the strength of a brand we have to consider its digital profile & presence, customer engagement, contacts, personal relations, word of mouth, emotional links with clients, the marketing strategy, etc.” He applies this knowledge at IE University, where he is responsible for aspects that have a direct impact on programme portfolio and positioning, such as recruitment, admissions, brand management, communications strategy, or marketing plans.
Miguel holds a degree in Economic and Business Sciences from Universidad de Valencia, and an International MBA from IE Business School. He has rounded off his academic training in the field of marketing in the US at The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia) and Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University (Chicago). He began his professional career in the world of consulting, where he implemented a pioneering conciliation and flexibility project at Hewlett Packard.
Professor Costa contributes on a regular basis to Spanish-speaking media agencies, and is a member of the Leading Brands of Spain Forum, comprised of the 75 leading Spanish Brands, and the American Marketing Association. He is also an adviser and member of the board of several companies in the marketing and communication industries".
• International MBA, IE Business School (SPAIN)
• Diploma in Digital Marketing Strategies for the Digital Economy, The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia, USA)
• Diploma in Business Marketing Strategy, Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University (Chicago, USA)
• BA in Business Administration and Economics, Universidad de Valencia (SPAIN)
• 2007 - Present: Executive Director of Admissions & Development, IE University
• 2017 - 2020: Member of the Board of Trustees, Council of International Schools
• 2017: Member of the Board, CONEXUS Foundation
• 2003 - 2007: Director of Marketing, IE Business School
• Entrepreneur, Consultant and Advisor of some foundations, marketing and communication companies
• 2000 - 2003: Director of Admissions and Marketing, IE Business School
• 1998 - 2000: Director, International MBA, IE Business School
• Consultant, Banco Sabadell and Hewlett Packard
Teaching and Research Experience
• 1998 - Present: Full time Professor of Marketing, IE Business School
• Member of the Leading Brands of Spain Forum
• Member of the American Marketing Association