Data Science & Technology
Dr. Pablo Gervás holds a PhD in Computing from Imperial College, University of London (1995), and he is currently associate professor (Profesor Titular de Universidad) at Universidad Complutense de Madrid.
He is the director of the NIL research group (nil.fdi.ucm.es) and secretary of the Instituto de Tecnología del Conocimiento (www.ucm.es/itc). He has been coordinator for two national research projects (GALANTE and MILES) involving several institutions.
Dr. Gervás has published research papers in the fields of expert systems, knowledge representation, case-based reasoning, information retrieval, natural language generation, multi agent applications and Computational Creativity, including papers in journals such as Journal of Knowledge-based Systems, New Generation Computing, Information Processing and Management and Artificial Intelligence Magazine. His main research interest currently lies in the study of the role that computers can play in helping people interested in literary creativity.
Dr. Gervás is one of the world’s leading experts on automatic generation of (fictional) stories and poetry, and has a background in natural language generation, Computational Creativity, and narratology. He is the author of the PropperWryter software which was used in the process of creating Beyond the Fence — the first computer generated musical, staged at the London West End in 2016.
• PhD. Imperial College of Science, Technology and Medicine, University of London, UK
• Licenciado en Ciencias Físicas. Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Spain
• Associate Professor, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Spain, 2020 – Present
• Lecturer, Universidad Europea de Madrid, Spain, 1997 – 2020
• Teaching assistant, Imperial College of Science, Technology and Medicine, University of London, UK, 1991 – 1994