Pedro Rodero Rodríguez
During more than 20 years of experience, Pedro has conducted complex judicial and arbitration proceedings within the fields of Civil and Commercial Law. He participated in the most important trial regarding directors’ liability of the Spanish Judicial history, in which a listed company was sold through a takeover, with a disputed amount of more than 1,500 million Euros.
Pedro joined Ontier in 2006, after working at the American firm Backer & Mckenzie (from 1995 to 1999) and then the British firm Clifford Chance (from 1999 to 2006).
Since 1996 he has combined his practice as a lawyer with a teaching career at IE Law School and San Pablo CEU University, where he lectures in procedural and commercial law.
In 2017, he was ranked in Chambers Global 2017 in the category “Spain, dispute resolution” (Band 4).
- LLM, IE Law School (1995)
- Diploma in law for European Communities, Universidad Complutense de Madrid (1994)
- Graduate in Law, Universidad Complutense de Madrid (1994)
Pedro has participated as a speaker on several occasions and has collaborated in publishing several books and articles, including:
- “Dossier práctico de Francis Lefebvre Reforma Concursal” (Francis Lefebvre’s Practical Dossier, “Bankruptcy Reform);
- “La Responsabilidad de las aseguradoras por deudas de sus agentes” (The responsibility of insurers for their agents’ debts);
- “Las novedades de la Ley de medidas de reforma del sistema financiero en materia de seguros y planes y fondos de pensiones” (Novelties in the Law regarding reform measures for the financial system regarding insurance and plans and pension funds);
- “Memento Práctico Concursal. Francis Lefebre” (Practical Bankruptcy Memento, Francis Lefebre);