Communication, Media & Marketing
Despite his Engineering background, most of his formal education has been on Design craft and management. For the most part though, he’s a passionate, never-ending self-taught scholar on the history and application of Design, Strategy and Innovation.
Along his 18 years of experience, Rafael has founded several startups, through which he’s learned about both failure and success. On his way to a corporate behemoth like Telefónica, where he served as UX Strategy Lead and later Head of Design for R&D, he’s worked at print studios and digital agencies. He’s also been teaching for many years, more recently founding the Master in UX for Digital Product and Service Design at ESNE and also lecturing at IE’s Customer Experience Innovation Master.
Always committed to sharing with the community, he’s founded the Spanish SDN Chapter, as well as talked at and organised several conferences and meet-ups.
• Winner, Best Innovation & Best of MWC, 2013
• Winner, BAFTA, LON 2009
• Webby Awards Official Honoree, 2009
• Bronze Award, Promax/BDA World, NYC 2009
• Gold Award, Promax/BDA World, NYC 2008
• Gold Award, Promax/BDA Europe, BCN 2008
• Finalist, BIMA Awards, LON 2007
• Winner, Adobe Worldwide eLearning Innovation Award, 2002