Roberto Manzano Antón
Roberto Manzano Antón
Roberto Manzano has built his career in the areas of marketing and trade marketing, not only for manufacturers, but also retailers. This has allowed him to acquire a complete understanding of the strategic and the operational aspects of marketing.
His professional career started at Johnson & Johnson Consumer Division, where he held the position of Marketing Manager. Later on, he worked as Marketing & Trade Marketing Director for Ralston Energy Systems in Spain and Portugal. As a member of the International Marketing Directors Committee, he participated in the Energizer Battery launch for Europe, brand leader in the portable energy market.
As Marketing and Purchasing Director at Leroy Merlin, he participated in the expansion and diversification of this Category Killer - the undisputed leader within the Spanish Do It Yourself market. A highlight during this period mas the retail repositioning and evolution of Leroy Merlin´s store concept and opening of more than 30 new outlets, the redefinition of the whole communication strategy, rationalization of the global assortment to customers and creation of internet department.
The opportunity to work for a retailing company has a special value from the marketing perspective, because you can be in contact at the same time with diverse markets, diverse problems, diverse buying processes and varying customer behavior. It has the value of having continuous and direct access to the place where the commercial and marketing activities happen: the point of sales. Moreover, it allows managers to have consistent and direct access to the final customer”.
• Marketing and Purchasing Director. Leroy Merlin Spain (1997 – 2005).
• Marketing and Trade Marketing Director. Ralston Energy Systems Spain and Portugal (1993 – 1997).
• Marketing Manager. Johnson & Johnson Spain. (1987 – 1993).
• Adjunct Professor. IE Business School. Marketing Department (2005 …) Specialized in Introduction to Marketing, Channel Management, Retail Marketing, Retail assortment, Merchandising, and Trade and Shopper Marketing.
• PhD in Marketing. Complutense University. Madrid - 2009
• Master in Business Administration MBA, IE Business School, Madrid 1986.
• Bachelor of Economics and Business Sciences, Universidad Complutense. Madrid
• Diploma in Laws, UNED.