Accounting & Management Control
With more than 20 years of experience in the fight against money laundering and terrorist financing, both in the public sector and in the private sector; International financial sanctions and anti-corruption and bribery policies.
Specialized training in Criminal Law, particularly in Economic Crimes and International Cooperation and active participation in International Organizations (UN, CFATF, IMF, IADB, World Bank, OEA/CICAD), as well as coordination of Mutual Evaluations of the national anti-money laundering and counter terrorist financing systems of FATF and GAFISUD member countries and of the Legal and Police Working Groups.
She has been responsible for the creation of the Technical Unit for the Prevention of Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing of KPMG Spain.
She has participated as Independent expert for Compliance check of Ukrainian legislation on Anti-Money-Laundering in the project "Support for the Implementation of the EU-Ukraine Association Agreement and in the "Twinning Program of the European Union and Morocco" for the development of its national system for the prevention of money laundering and financing of terrorism.
She has participated in the drafting of the "European Handbook of Economic and Financial Research". European Union Project (EUDEFI Project), led by the Guardia Civil, for research units in EU countries
She is currently a partner of Capello & Focanti International, an IMF external consultant and external expert on AML/CTF of the International Union of Notariats.
• CAPELLO & FOCANTI INTERNACIONAL. 2017 – Present
• INTERNATIONAL UNION OF NOTARIATS. External expert on Anti-Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing. 2017 – Present
• IMF External Advisor. September, 2017 – Present
• MONEY LAUNDERING AND TERRORIST FINANCING PREVENTION UNIT, KPMG SPAIN. Head of the Unit. 2014 - 2017.
• FORENSIC, KPMG SPAIN. Responsible of Prevention of Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing issues. 2007 to 2014.
• SOUTH AMERICAN FINANCIAL ACTION TASK FORCE (GAFISUD) against money laundering and the Terrorist Financing (now GAFILAT). Technical Assistant. 2001 to 2007.
• Adjunct Professor of Criminal Law I, Criminal Law II, Business Law II and Professional Ethics and Corporate Social Responsibility. IE UNIVERSITY AND BUSINESS SCHOOL. 2017 - Present.
• Director and Professor. “Superior University Course in Prevention of Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing”. Rey Juan Carlos University and KPMG. 2008 to present.
• Master in Economic Criminal Law. Rey Juan Carlos University and KPMG. 2011 to present.
• Bachelor of Law in Spain. Title homologated with Master Level in the Faculty of Juridical and Social Sciences of the Rey Juan Carlos University, Madrid. 2010.
• Master in Criminology and Criminal Investigation. ESNECA Business School y Universidad de Cuyo. 2018
• Master in Forensic Psychology. ESNECA Business School y Universidad de Cuyo. 2018
• University Superior Course in Economic Criminal Law. University Rey Juan Carlos. 2009
• Bachelor of Law in Argentina. Faculty of Law of the Catholic University of La Plata. Buenos Aires. Argentina. 2000