Soledad Atienza is the Dean of IE Law School and has an extensive academic experience and a global vision of legal education. Dr. Atienza was previously Vice-Dean of International Relations at IE Law School, as well as Director of the law degree program at IE University. Prior to that, she practiced at the leading Spanish law firm Pérez-Llorca. Her expertise includes the areas of comparative law and legal teaching methods.
She earned her Ph.D in Social Sciences from IE University and an Executive MBA degree from IE Business School. She also holds a law degree from the CEU San Pablo University in Spain and a Certificate in European Studies from the European Institute of the University of Saarland (Germany), and was a visiting student at Cornell University in New York.
Soledad Atienza is Senior Advisor to the Academic and Professional Development Committee of the IBA (International Bar Association), where she is co-chair of the project “Blueprint on global legal education” and is co-director of the Pérez-Llorca / IE Chair of Business Law. She is author of “Enseñar Derecho. ¿Puede servirnos la experiencia de Estados Unidos?” (“Teaching Law: Can the U.S. experience help us?”), published in Spain in 2014.
- PhD in Social Sciences, IE University
- Ex MBA, IE Business School
- ZertifiKat über Europäische Studien, Europa Institut, Universität des Saarlandes (Germany)
- Law Degree, CEU San Pablo
- 2020, Dean IE Law School
- 2015 – 2020, Vice Dean for International Relations, IE Law School
- 2010 – 2020, Director Undergraduate Studies in Law, IE University
- 1998 – 2003, Lawyer, Pérez-Llorca Law firm
- 2005 – 2010, Associate Director Master programs IE Law School
- “Las clínicas jurídicas como método de formación de abogados. Una visión desde EEUU”. Revista Aranzadi Doctrinal, número 1. (Enero 2017).
- Moving towards an international legal Education in Spain. Chapter 15 “The Internationalisation of Legal Education”, editors: Cristophe Jamin, William van Caenegen. Springer 2016.
- “Enseñar Derecho ¿Puede servirnos la experiencia de Estados Unidos?”. Aranzadi 2014.
- “The Evolution of Legal Education in Spain” Journal of Legal Education, Association of American Law Schools. Volume 61, Number 3 (February 2012).
- Teaching material: Multimedia case “The recruitment Challenge at Pérez-Llorca”. Awarded best case by IE Law School 2009.