Teresa Recio Naranjo
Teresa Recio Naranjo
An expert in brand management, the management experience of Professor Recio has always been in the Marketing field. Currently, aside from being a Professor at IE Business School, she is an Associate Consultant at CONENTO, a leading firm in analytical marketing. She is also a member of the Expert Advisory Network at Frontier Strategy Group, a business intelligence and corporate advisory firm focused on emerging markets. During her professional career, Professor Recio has served as an executive advisor, coach or educator at a variety of firms and institutions.
Prior to this, Professor Recio held different managing positions in the marketing departments of consumer goods companies Procter & Gamble and Kellogg. “I have actively participated in managing brands like Ariel, Fairy, Smacks and Frosties, among others. This includes target group definition, brand positioning, product portfolio management, price setting, and development of advertising and other communication tools. I have also been responsible for new brands introductions and for developing innovation projects at a European level and I have handled Market Research, Media Management, Agency Coordination and Customer Services”, explains Professor Recio, who combines a business and academic profile.
Professor Recio holds a Ph.D. in Marketing from the Universidad Complutense and an MBA from IESE Business School. She has received numerous teaching awards from students including Best Professor in the MBA Program at IE Business School. Her main areas of research focus on assessing the profitability of marketing activities and its role in value creation for the firm. She is a frequent speaker in meetings and seminars.
• Associate Consultant at Conento
• Member of the Expert Advisory Network at Frontier Strategy Group
• Senior Consultant and Executive Coach at Seeliger y Conde, part of the Amrop Group
• Independent Advisor in Marketing
• Marketing Services Manager at Kellogg Iberia
• Marketing Manager at Kellogg Iberia
• Brand Manager at Procter & Gamble Spain
• Adjunct Professor of Marketing, at IE Business School, since 2003
• Visiting Professor of Marketing at ESIC, Madrid
• PhD in Marketing, Universidad Complutense, Madrid
• MBA, IESE, University of Navarra, Barcelona (Spain)
• Fuqua School of Business, Duke University, Durham NC (USA)
• Business Management Degree, Universidad San Pablo (CEU), Madrid
• Law Degree, Universidad Complutense, Madrid