LGBT+@Work: IE University Highlights Success in the Face of Adversity
This year's hybrid event will take place online and at Madrid's Círculo de Bellas Artes.
This week, IE University celebrates the 15th annual edition of LGBT+@Work, Europe’s longest running conference focused on the LGBT+ community and the workplace. The two day event, beginning on July 5, is organized by the IE Out and Allies Club and aims to promote debate and networking among the LGBT+ community and its allies.
“The LGBT+@Work is an excellent opportunity to understand and embrace diversity and inclusion in the workplace, enhance your leadership skills, and expand your network at key companies and organizations.”
Santiago Iñiguez, President of IE University
The speaker’s roster includes senior executives from international companies who will share their personal experiences related to “Success in the Face of Adversity,” best practices, and vision of leadership. The speakers are:
- Ron A., Chief People Officer, Recycle Track Systems
- Arjun Channi, Associate Director of Regulatory Affairs group, Sanofi
- Eva Diaz, CEO, Appogeo Digital
- Rodrigo Diaz, Global Head of Growth, Cabify
- Fabrice Houdart, Managing Director of Global Equality Initiatives, Out Leadership
- Diego Lazaro, Human Resources Specialist, Global Praxis
- La-Chun Lindsay, aerospace engineer and Managing Director, GE Aviation Wales
- Lohini Moodley, Strategist, Formerly partner at McKinsey & Company
- Ramiro Sánchez, Marketing Director and CMO, Google Spain & Portugal
- Allyn Shaw, President & Chief Technology Officer, Recycle Track Systems
“The reality is that the way individuals experience adversity can only be understood by applying various lenses, the LGBT+ experience isn’t a monolith,” explained 2021 event organizer Carissa Thomas, a Masters student at IE University who chairs the event’s Speakers Committee. “Even looking at the impact of Covid-19 this past year, everyone was impacted differently. We wanted this year’s theme to showcase individuals and their triumphs instead of a more corporate perspective.”
LGBT+@Work is supported by entities such as Beam Suntory, Gilead, IBM, Johnson & Johnson, and Microsoft, as well as IE Campus Life and the IE Foundation.
“Gilead works every day to create everything possible and it is an honor to participate again this year in the LGBT+@Work conference, especially because despite the adversities that we have all experienced, we continue to work creating an inclusive environment where diversity is a value and a pillar of our culture and organization,” said Ludwig Recoder, Human Resources Senior Manager, Gilead.
“Beam Suntory is a company that works toward diversity and inclusion. We were very excited to participate in the LGBT+ @Work conference hosted by the IE and hope that we were able to communicate to IE graduates and alumni that Beam Suntory is a workplace that advances the careers of LGBT+ community,” commented Luis Dugarte, EMEA Talent Acquisition Lead at Beam Suntory.