IEU Students going abroad
WHAT DO I NEED TO KNOW?
Before applying to our IM Calls, please check your study plan with your school’s office to confirm when you are eligible to go abroad. Alongside the publication of our IM Calls, we also provide a list of our bachelor’s eligibility criteria for each semester. Even so, we highly advise our students to plan ahead and seek out information before the Call is announced.
Have a look our interactive map that shows the locations of our partner universities here! [to be uploaded soon]. Before making your selection, research the universities you are interested in.
When you go on exchange, you will only pay tuition at IE University and not the partner institution. Other expenses such as airfare, accommodation, food, medical insurance, passport/visas and personal spending should be taken into consideration before committing to a program. (Check our partners fact sheet on campus for an estimated cost of living)
INTERNATIONAL MOBILITY CALLS
Info session at IEU: mid February
Info session at IEU: mid September
IE University participates in several initiatives within the ERASMUS PROGRAM funded by the European Union. If you want to know more about them, please contact us!
Requirements for the Erasmus Plus Scholarship:
- The mobility, either for studies or internship, must take place in one of the program countries indicated on the Erasmus Plus Program Guide.
- For the cases of Erasmus+ Student Mobility for Studies (SMS), each mobility must have a minimum duration of 3 months (90 days). For the Erasmus+ Student Mobility of Placement (SMP), each internship must have a minimum duration of 2 months (60 days).
- The maximum number of months you can request of Erasmus+ scholarship is 12 months, including both internships and academic exchanges. For example, if you receive a scholarship for a 6 months academic exchange, you can only request an internship scholarship for a maximum of 6 months.
- Only internships with a monthly gross remuneration lower than 600€ will be eligible for the Erasmus scholarships, regardless of the country where the internship takes place.
- Students must have a valid DNI or NIE to participate in the Erasmus Program, both for studies and internships.
Erasmus charter for higher education - IE UniversityECHE Erasmus
Meet our students
Andrejs & Javier
"We knew right of the bat that Shanghai would be the perfect place for us to academically and personally expand our horizons."read more Shanghai University
"Studying abroad gave me a new outlook on life and taught me that developing strong relationships is one of the most rewarding things in life."discover more University of Michigan
"My favorite memory from this enriching experience has to be discovering Montreal’s beauty in the fall."Read more McGill University
160+ Available universities for IE University students
LEARN ABOUT EXCHANGE EXPERIENCES
Gabriela from Spain, went on exchange to Nanyang Technological University in Singapore.
Karan from India, went on exchange to the University of Michigan in the United States.
Noa from Colombia, went on exchange to Hong Kong University.
Rita from Spain, went on exchange to Science Po in France.
Sofía from Colombia, went on exchange to Korea University in South Korea.